What are microdermabrasion treatments?
Microdermabrasion treatments use a minimally abrasive instrument to gently sand your skin, removing the thicker, uneven outer layer.
This type of skin rejuvenation is used to treat light scarring, discoloration, sun damage, and stretch marks.
Celebrities Who Fixed Their Skin Problems
Combine with microdermabrasion or laser treatments to help re-texturize for smooth, flawless skin like Victoria Beckham read more..
Facial treatment w. mini facial (60 min) $75
Facial treatment w. Anti-Aging mask(70 min) $95
Facial treatment and decolletage (80 min) $110
Back treatment ( 60 min) $175
Series of six is recommended.
Microdermabrasion – Aftercare Advice
- SPF 20 at least must be worn daily for one month afterwards. Microdermabrasion removes top protective layer of skin cells, so extra protection is necessary for one month post.
- Do not use exfoliation products i.e. AHA’s, Glycolic & Retin A products for 12 hours post peel
- No exposure to sunbeds for one month post treatment
- No Heat treatments permitted for 48hrs afterwards i.e. sauna, steam room, hot showers, facial waxing
- No make up application permitted for 48hrs afterwards, with the exception of a mineral make up which can be applied immediately after.
- No Shaving the face for 48 hours after
- No perfumes/aftershaves for 48hrs after
- Skin may be red for a short while afterwards.
- Any impurities under the skin will come to the surface within a short time after the treatment, so a breakout is a good sign of the skin clearing impurities from within.
- In the rare event that you incur scratches on your skin, post microdermabrasion, apply aloe vera to sooth the skin. The scratches will take about one week to heal.
- Blocked pores/blackhead’s: For clients with blocked pores, a course of 6 microdermabrasion treatments are recommended fortnightly. Glycolic products should be used at home nightly to keep pores clean & to maintain the results of the peel
- Pigmentation: For clients with Pigmentation, use of a daily lightening products is recommended,
- Anti age: those clients having the peel for anti age purposes, daily application of a pure Vitamin C serum, is necessary for collagen growth. The serum used nightly improves & maintains results.
CONTRAINDICATIONS FOR MICRODERMABRASION
Use of topical antibiotics, use of Retin-A or Accutane (use of these must discontinue for four to six months before microdermabrasion), use of glycolic acid or alpha hydroxyl acid products (must discontinue use three weeks prior to microdermabrasion), rosacea, active grade 3 or 4 acne, herpes, opened lesions, dermatitis, couperose (broken capillaries), vitiligo, raised moles, skin tags, keloids, sunburn, auto-immune diseases, active diabetes, patients being treated for cancer, oral/coagulant medication, tattoos, permanent makeup, high blood pressure.
INDICATIONS FOR TREATMENT
Sun-damaged skin, hyperpigmentation (sun-induced, age spots, melasma, post inflammatory), mild acne scarring, fine lines, dull congested skin.