PERMANENT MAKE-UP PROCEDURE
- 24 hours before procedure it is best not to drink alcohol or take aspirin. If you have to take blood thinners for medical reasons, no problem, I can adapt the treatment.
- First, an information form is filled out, containing your personal and some medical information (whether you take certain medicines, have any allergies, etc.)
- Your needs, style, expectations and desires will be discussed.
Are you sporty, extravagant,..? Do you prefer a natural look or something a little more striking...
Your colour type will be determined: is your skin colour cool or warm? The colour of eyes and hair are also taken into account.
This is very important if you want to feel good about your pigmentation, as even the prettiest eyeliner or lip contour, if it does not match with your personality and natural features, you will not feel good about it.
- The lips or eyebrows are drawn on first according to your wishes, and of course you can count on my advice.
- Then an anesthetic cream is applied and after a while the pigmentation can be started.
- You will receive instructions for aftercare and we will make an appointment for a check- and possible touch-up.
- The total duration of the treatment is approximately 2 hours.
- After about 1 week the skin will visibly have healed.
However, because the skin still needs to heal on the inside, the colour may still change in the following 2 weeks, thus only after this time you will see the final result of your treatment.
- 4 to 6 weeks later you need to come back for a check-up (max. 2 months).
Is the shape nice and even?
Does the colour and shape meet your expectations?
Are there any bits which were left out?
Whatever appears to be necessary will be taken care of. For most treatments, one touch-up is sufficient; for lips mostly 2.
A lot depends on your skin type, but often also on how well you followed the after-treatment instructions. Therefore it is essential that you strictly follow the instructions in this respect during the first week after its application .
If you follow these instructions closely, you will hardly experience any discomfort and your skin will heal without any problems.
The pigmentation process will be completed much faster and often the pigmentation will also last longer. A good after-treatment is very important for permanent make-up.
- If it turns out during the touch-up treatment that you probably won’t need further touch-ups, I still advise you to come by again within two months for an evaluation check-up.
This will only take 10 minutes. People often think it looks perfectly alright but, when looking at it from up close, some weak spots might still be detected.
Should this be the case during the evaluation, you can make another appointment for a small touch-up. This way there is less risk of the pigmentation fading unequally.